Tabs

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Poured out like a drink offering

I am feeling much more refreshed after a week away at Tasmanian Christian Convention and more motivated to keep absorbing scripture. One thing I found comforting was talking to some men who also struggle to sit still while reading the scriptures - Peter Woodcock thought it was silly to sit still! I am listening to sermons by John Piper as I take Evangeline for walks and visiting other churches when I can to get as much spiritual food as I can during these endless summer evenings.

Work
Feeling a pull to go back to paid work already, its not worldy pressure of 'all my friends are working' or a desire to have more money for things although I would like to have more money to put away - but just an urge to use my skills a few days a week. I am torn as I would miss my daughter painfully and she is still so young, only 7 months, however I know I won't get the first job I try for, and I am praying for babysitting/child care opportunities that don't hurt me and make things easier for Evangeline.

I would like to be the kind of thrifty housewife who makes everything by hand and somehow manages to buy a field from selling my homemade things on ebay or something ( in a kind of modern equivalent of the proverbs 31 wife) but I'm not her! I did a Masters degree and have worked to support my husband through college and feel odd not working. Just praying for the right opportunity...