Tabs

Sunday, December 03, 2006

My Fogey


Health to my bones
15:30 A cheerful look brings joy to the heart,
and good news gives health to the bones. (proverbs)

All in all, its been a wonderful weekend. On Friday I found out that I don't have Ross River Virus, but a combination of 'Hand foot and Mouth' disease( not to be confused with "Foot and mouth" disease') and a bacterial infection. The last doc had taken a gamble that I had the latter, so I was just finishing antibiotics for this anyway.

Hence I feel much better and have shaken the dizziness and the nausea and headaches are much less severe. My joints should continue to get better until they clear up at Christmas time.
Thanks so much to everyone for commiserating and/or sending suggestions, kind thoughts or jokes, I really appreciate it!!

Suffering and Faith
I was very surpised by how difficult it is to cope with not being able to as many things, and the social isolation that comes from being so sick. It convicts me that we need to reach out to new mums and the sick and the elderly. They may be suffering in silence. I don't have the silence problem so much ;)

Gingerbread
As you can see, I have felt well enough to bake properly again. (see top photo)

My Disco
I tried to listen to some music a younger friend recommended. He I couldn't get through track one. It was what you call "experimental emo punk " music. It was to my ear without tune, tone and rythymn. The band is called "MY Disco" anyone heard of them? I conclude that I have become a bit fogey when it comes to music.

I'm still into Queen, Alanis Morissette, Sinead O'connor, and various other things from my own era....