Tabs

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Potassium and Home


Home
We aren't moving, yet. So I can continue to enjoy 'my' house. Surrounded by boxes and mess, but my house. Thanks to everyone's encouragement and prayers, I was quite content to move and felt prepared for the chaos that would ensue. But due to events ( stuff ups) beyond our control, we will need to move later. Hopefully this will work out with getting a house in melbourne. Double rent may be in order for a spell.

Potassium
For those of you unaffected by the banana conspiracy in Hobart ( I'm not sure about the cost of bananas on the mainland, please fill me in somebody). Bananas used to enjoy pride of place in my fruitbowl. Now they cost a minimum of $8AUS a kilo.

Perhaps it makes us appreciate them more, perhaps it shows us what it's like for the Japanese to share an apple with the entire family at ruinous prices.

However, when I found myself buying "Rehydration salts" the other day, i realised that I was craving potassium. And at ten bucks for a few sachets of foul tasting stuff. I decided to splash out and buy a bunch of bananas. Oh, Bliss, Oh rapture.

Oh for the luxury of banana bread with 'leftover bananas' HA HA ROLF. Leftover bananas!!!!!

What is everyone else's favourite way to eat bananas???