Tabs

Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Best Birfday Eva!

Friday began the incrememental spoiling of my beautiful husband, Luke.

Friday: I made his favorite "Chocolate Honeycomb" muffins, with two crunchie bars and a whole packet of dark choc bits.


Saturday:
Morning:I surprised Luke in bed with a standard size, silver World Cup 2006 soccer ball, a book (7 Wonders of the Industrial World) and some Lindt chocolate orange.

Later morning: I took my darling to a great cafe and shouted him breakfast. Isn't hollondaise sauce great? They smothered it on everything.



Evening: A bunch of boys came over to play "Taj Mahal" and eat cheese and drink port.

Today: Have Three beautiful couples ( + 4 kids, 1 baby, two toddlers and 1 in utero) from church up for lunch. Father-in-law cooked yummy food. I cooked an apple pie and Shiloh baked a splendiforous chocolate layer cake.

However, there were a few problems....

The birthday breakfast date was supposed to be a secret, and I was supposed to drive. However...

Problem 1: I had a terrible head cold I thought might be the flu
Solution: Pump self full of drugs, cover flame red nostrils with make-up, put aside grumps.

Problem 2: Nearly cut finger off (thursday) when chopping pumpkin with super sharp knife.
Solution: More drugs, get Luke to drive to secret location and direct him.

Problem 3: Slammed aforementioned finger in a door on the way to breakfast. Ended up crying on the way to breakfast.
Solution: Bring bag of frozen vegetables for ice pack and conceal under napkin at cafe. Eat one handed. More putting aside of grumps. Wear waterproof mascara ( thank goodness for forsight!).

Lunch today up at the Family house was superlative. Thanks Amy ( among others) for making Luke's birthday so special!