Tabs

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The White Rose


I recently saw a film that has managed to become my favourite.

Sophie Scholl is the story of the White Rose resistance group. Sophie took part in a passive resistance against the Nazi regime. She and her brother distributed leaflets denouncing the actions of Hitler and his government. They distributed the leaflets by post, covering a very small area.

One day, they decide to distribute the leaflets at the University of Munich, the university where herself and her brother were enrolled as students.


I walked away from that movie thanking God for Sophie Scholl and her gentle bravery. I didn't include any spoilers because I think you should all see it...






Momentum

I've recieved all my materials to start the new uni semester, just when I'd got used to my routine of work, cook, clean, tidy, wash stuff, read-without- the uni part. Here it goes.

I'm really tired, but who can stop? And many are more tired than me...

Fetishisism

You know how I had a thing about Home Brand dried fruit ( for the fake cherries) ? I have developed an obsession with vegetables. I'd have them for breakfast if I could. Cabbage, broccolli, zucchini, tomatoes... (Ooh, tomatoes on toast! Great brekky food!) celery, pumpkin.... Whee!