Tabs

Friday, June 17, 2011

One year old

Dear reader,

I have so much to write about. my mind ticks and tumbles over itself during my busy hours, and when my baby is in bed, alas, my brain stops and falls into stop - start mode. Activity seems to trigger writing, and inactivity to stall it. God knows I have had no shortage of activity.

Having a one year old is full of many pleasures and blessings, breastfeeding can be relegated to the early morning and evening before bed, mushy food gets less frequent and finger food that can be passed to baby in cafes, in the car, in highchair, while playing is truly freeing.

Evangeline is a delightful one year old who gets very clingy and fussy when we stay at home too much but who remarkably is only too pleased to leave her mum at playgroups, libraries or anywhere else there are people and colour and toys.

One sleep a day is truly marvellous!

God has been convicting me of many things and taking me step by step through the things he wants me to learn. 'The Prodigal God' by Tim Keller book and bible study has been convicting me again to run back to Jesus and find all my rest, assurance and hope in Him. I have not found such a comfort in many years. In the morning in my 'quiet times' ( ha! haven't had a quiet time in the morning in a year now!) I am slowly reading Romans and reminding myself of God's justice and mercy. Revisiting the way I first believed is truly powerful.

Its hard to blog now, a mess of ideas from Brownies to Evangeline's talking to my time with God to wondering where we will be working together next year all mix together and make a messy dish of ideas. However, I MUST write something or it will lie dormant inside me again.