Tabs

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

9 months old update

OK,. I just remembered I was going to blog about 'the poison of the sidelong glance' sermon by Ben Merkle, which was a fantastically comforting but confronting look at our disconetentment being caused by looking at other people's 'slice of pie' and envying. I will get to that soon, right now I need to reflect on how big my daughter is getting!

9 months old - update.

Wow! Evangeline! You are really incredible at the moment. You swing between being more affectionate and more independant, more clingy and more determined to achieve things. Sometimes I can't finish making dinner/vaccuming the floor or other household tasks and other times you get bored of me reading and playing with you and just want to held standing up while you get on with the big business of growing.

You really cuddle now. when I get you up from sleeps you wrap your arms around me and I don't want to let you go but you quickly become interested in touching and looking at everything you can see. You love your books now, the only way I can get you to stay still on the change table is to give you a bath book, which you read, turning pages and only occasionally eating it...

Your voice is becoming more like a child and less like a baby - you are also starting to mimic me, making sounds like I do and sometimes trying to say the words I say. You watch my mouth closely when I talk. Your body is becoming amazingly mobile and strong, you can't yet crawl, I think your efforts disappoint you so you just end up 'skydiving' and asking to be held standing a lot. You take steps now too without me moving your feet.

You get impatient and throw your body back and arch yourself if I try and put you where you don't want to be! This is pretty hard on your poor mumum as I can't hold you and brown chicken at the same time and I end up having to watch you throw a tantrum in your playpen until I can't bear it any longer and take a break to hold you for 5 mins to calm you down, then put you down and repeat the cycle.

Also, you seem to be losing interest in breastfeeding. You would not take your night feed tonight, the first time ever. Your old mum is super sooky about it but just gave you a sippy cup of water instead. *Sigh*.

We love you, but you kind of frighten us, as we look at you and think it is only a matter of time before you grow up and start running the country or something, you are so determined and strong. We love you, we love you.