Tabs

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Oh Target! Oh Target! I love your airconditioning!



I have a great muso friend who gives me a whole stack of CD's to work through on a quarterly basis.

In my latest batch I have discovered a band called "Totally Gourdgeous". (all their instruments are made out of gourds).


Here are some samples...(sorry couldn't find any audio of these songs)

Anything at all

Chorus:
I long to be held to your chest
like a warm paper parcel of fish and chips
like a pizza box,
like a fresh-baked loaf of sourdough bread....
Anything at all!

I long to sleep in your arms like a cat
like a child
like a seed you might hold in your palm

dreams are suspended
waiting for the soil,
waiting for the sun
Anything at all! Anything at all!

Target Air conditioner

Goin' into town
On the sweaty 181
To stand beneath Target 's air conditionings freezing hum!

Don't have any money
to spend on habadashery
I'll just pretend I'm looking for a present
for my mum
(When in actually all I'm doing is just)
Standing beneath Target's air conditioning's freezing hum!

I'll stand there vaguely
fingering checkered knits
and pretending I can't decide
between the gingham and the polyester mix.....

And I'lll fondle the fabric lovingly
betwixt finger and thumb.....
(When in actually all I'm really doing is just)
Standing beneath Target's air conditioning's freezing hum!

They have a great, fun, folky sound and they can all really play and sing pretty well too!

A few sanples of their earlier stuff is here.