Tabs

Friday, May 12, 2006

LA la la la la...

A little boy in my prep class, nicknamed 'The Supervisor" for his need to organise everyone in the classroom, resolve disputes and carry anything the teacher needs to hold....

Supervisor: Mrs Amy, I want you to hurry up!

So funny! Trying to scan books and listen to five conversations simultaneously is not easy, I tell you. Especially when you're sick. They really are a lovely class though.

One of the girls has mild Asperges syndrome, she got a little confused today when she renewed two books, tried to take out two more, realised she had reached her quota and tried to put the scanned books right back on the shelf! She was a bit flustered...

Jason Mraz

I have tried to resist but I am obsessed with this man. Yes, Luke knows.


I know I've gushed about him in the past, but really, he has the best male voice I've ever heard. His new album shows that he's only just getting started.



He has some free samples from his new album here. You will need to click on "videos". I think Angus would actually get into "The Geek in the Pink", give it a go. The top link probably gives you more of it. But the second one is easier to link to.


And yes, he does have a huge ego, but I can totally overlook that if he's that good. "And it goes, la la la la la..."





Hazlenut Jaffa Pud'

I kind of mucked around with the humble chocolate self-saucing pud' and it is gooooood

1/2 cup self raising flour
2 1/2 tbs cocoa powder
1/2 cup hazelnut meal
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
60g butter melted
1 1/2 teaspoon orange essence
3 tbs cocoa
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 1/2 cups boiling water

Preheat oven to 180 c

Brush 8 cup casserole dish with oil/butter

1. Sift dry stuff in a large bowl, make well in centre.

2. Pour in combined milk, egg, butter and essence.

3. Stir 'til combined, don't beat much. Pour into dish, dissolve cocoa and sugar with boiling water and pour over the back of spoon over the mixture.

4. Bake forty mins or until skewer comes out clean. Have it with cream or vanilla ice cream.

If you need to feed more than four people I recommend doubling it. They are small serves.