Tabs

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Guru

I had a dream last night. I hardly ever dream and they are rarely significant, but last night I dreamt about something important.

Context
Before I became a Christian I had a 'guru'. He taught me Reiki, (hee hee, you are not allowed to right click in reiki land!) and taught me how to read tarot cards.
There is a kind of magnetism about the new age and I was toally suckered. Awful things had happened to me in my life and all I could think about was needing 'love' and 'healing'. the new age promises it, and for those who don't know what love and healing really are generally get suckered. My 'guru' was actually quite manipulative and played a lot of head games with me, that I won''t go in to. I only recognised that his charisma was selfish after I was set free.

The Dream

I had a dream about my guru last night. I was running along a highway and a car was coming towards me. I knew it would cross two lanes of traffic and pull over next to me. I knew my guru would be in the car. As usual he had a woman next to him. His girlffriends have been getting steadily older each time I see him in the real world. This time was no exception.

The woman must have been 45 if she's a day, at least ten years older than my guru. What was strange was that my guru was not driving. Not only was he not driving but the woman spoke to me and kept cutting him off. She had never met me before. He seemed totally disempowered.

The Last Meeting
It reminded me of the time I went to a Psychic expo after I became a Christian, and my guru was there, selling some kind of drink or other. Just like he sold me Reiki, Tarot cards reading courses and the like.

I told him I was a Christian now and that I was a Christian because of the resurrection of Christ from the dead.
He looked at me knowingly like he could bring down my faith with one sentence.

Guru: Did you know that the word Christ means "Christos" in Greek?
Me: Ummm, yes, and it means "messiah" in Hebrew.

Suitably impressed, I had beaten my old guru.

He is the image of the Invisible God, the firtborn among all creation. For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities- all things were created by him and for him. Col, 1:15-16