Tabs

Thursday, July 01, 2010

A day in the life of Eva(ngeline Shiloh) 3 weeks, 2 days

Morning
6-7: am wake up with yawning chasm of emptiness in my tummy, or 'mummy' wakes me and I realise that I was too asleep to notice how empty I was.

7:30-8:20 Mummy takes me to a dim room where Daddy is sleeping still - she feeds me and contorts me into various positions, makes loud noises and says 'Mummy did a burp, can you do a burp?' Feel myself slipping away....

8:30- 9:00 I am back in bed and I can't move my arms! Argh! Where am I, what are you doing to me?! Feel myself slipping away....

9:40-10: Feel myself being unwrapped and Mummy exclaiming something about how I am bigger than yesterday. She feeds me, reading something aloud to me, pats me and holds me in various positions -then I get handed to Daddy - with the deep voice who rubs my face with something scratchy and keeps making ape-ish noises.

11 - Mummy straps me to her chest - it restricts my legs and its annoying but I can smell milk so I go all floppy. Mummy yacks constantly and walks up and down stairs about ten times explaining something about washing and cooking and how pooey my nappies are.
Feel myself slipping away....

11:30- 12:30 I am back in bed and I can't move my arms! Argh! Where am I? what are you doing to me?! Feel myself slipping away...

Afternoon
1pm Hear familiar music pouring out - Mummy unwraps me and picks me up and holds me - she tries to feed me but those things with the 5 points keep getting in the way. "Give mummy your hands' - what 'hands'? like I have any control of those things....
2:00 slipping away

2:30 - 4pm - I am back in bed and I can't move my arms! Argh! Where am I? what are you doing to me?! I want to get up! Where are you? Feel myself slipping away...

3:30-4:pm yawning ravenous chasm in stomach wakes me. Mummy keeps calling me 'grizzly grumps' - straps me in the 'baby bjorn' and thumps around the house - but she doesn't yack as much.

I feel myself slipping away but Mummy wakes me up and puts me in some water - I feel like I'm going to fall but Mummy says she has 'got me'. Then she sings gospel songs at me to drown out my crying.

Evening
5:30-6 30 I am really hungry but Mummy insists on making me wait over 10 minutes while she eats 'her dinner'. Daddy puts me on the ground and waves a tissue at me, I try and reach it and those silly 'hands' get in the way, argh! how frustrating!

6:30-7: Daddy wraps me up super tight and rocks me on his knees and turns on the 'long shooshing' sound. I don't want to sleep! I want to be with mummy and daddy where they are....feel myself slipping away.....

Night
9:-10 Mummy comes in and turns on a dim light, feeds me and takes my nappy off - then she pats me a bit and puts me back to bed...I don't want to!...feel myself slipping away....

1:30-2:30 Mummy comes in and feeds me, changes my nappy, pats me and goes back to bed. She doesn't talk at all.