Tabs

Friday, May 26, 2006

Hit Me Baby One More time!

I am down to my last assignment. It is the more interesting of them all, but has less guidelines. The subject outline is as thick as a MYER catalogue, and the rest is me. Still, it's nice to have the management subjects out of the way!

Julie
Sometimes, when I am pushing Julie* around in her wheelchair, children ask me "What's wrong with her?".

My first gut reaction is to say, 'Nothing's wrong with her, she's perfect!".
I settle for, "she can't walk like you and I can, so this her way of walking'.

I don't like to add that she can barely see anything unless it right in front of her, can't discern colours and has some brain damage, its just too sad. But to me, she is perfect. Her sense of joy is infectious, her love of music is profound and she has a wicked sense of humour. It's a delight to know her.

Fraction too much Fiction
Shiloh mentioned a few posts back that she isn;t that into novels. Its funny, I can't get enough of them. I need a book to read while eating my meals, to get to sleep, to relax on my days off. Over the last month I have read countless children's picture books, a good stack of young adult fiction, several 'adult' fiction books and book one of Middlemarch. Its like there is a fiction beast inside me which must be appeased.

Victorian England and Tsarist Russia
Speaking of Middlemarch, I've decided my next degree will be either a Graduate Diploma of Divinity or Honours in English.
My honours topic will be "A Comparison of Middlemarch and the Brothers Karamazov: Two Post Enlightenment Statements of Faith and Reason".

Then one day I will be B.A Hons, M.A Appl. Sci, Grad Dip Div.

Yes, I am bored of my study....